BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi
Ensure the durability and quality of your BJJ Gi by washing them after each use. It is important to only wash them in cold water in the washing machine. Keep following points in mind.
- Avoiding hot water at all costs as it will cause shrinkage.
- Avoid using dryer sheets, bleach or fabric softener, and use organic detergent to preserve the integrity of the fabric whenever possible.
- Remove stains with organic oxidizers such as Oxi-Clean.
- Attempt to only wash these BJJ GIs alone, but wash them with like colors if they must be washed in a load.
- Hang them to dry away from heat and sunlight. Do not tumble dry.
BJJ Rash Guards
Ensure the durability and quality of your BJJ Rash Guards by washing them after each use. Keep following points in mind.
- Before washing, always turn the BJJ Rash Guards inside out.
- Avoid using hot water and only wash them in cold water, or lukewarm if necessary.
- Place the BJJ Rash Guards into a delicates net to avoid polyester and threads from getting ripped by the machine.
- When possible, it is important that you use organic detergent to eliminate the chance of them deteriorating from chemicals.
- Avoid using bleach, fabric softener or dryer sheets. When they come out of the dryer, hang them dry away from heat or direct sunlight.
- Do not wring out excess water, and do not iron them.
- Wash the BJJ Belts after every few uses. Keep following points in mind.
- Washing them after each use is unnecessary and may cause weakening or deterioration of the material.
- Because they are cotton, you may wash them in the washing machine, but wash them with like colors to ensure the integrity of their dyes.
- Wash the BJJ Belts alone when possible, but you can wash them with other cotton materials when you must do them in a load.
- Do not iron them or use bleach on them. Try to use organic detergents.
- Hang them to dry away from direct sunlight. Do not iron them.
- Wash your BJJ Bags only when necessary, i.e., when you notice there is substantial dirt on them or you have spilled something on them.
- You can remove soil with spray cleaner, or you can create your own with water and detergent inside of a spray bottle.
- It is important that you use organic material whenever possible to preserve the integrity of the bag.
- When you clean the BJJ Bags, do not use any sort of bleach-based cleaners or chlorine on the Cordura material, as it may compromise not only the integrity of the bag but the color as well.
BJJ No-GI Shorts
- Before placing them into the washing machine, turn them inside out.
- Wash the BJJ No-GI Shorts in only lukewarm or cold water, but never in hot water.
- When it is possible, wash these shorts in organic detergent. It is important that you do not use dryer sheets, fabric softener or any sort of bleach on the shorts.
- If you have one, use a delicates net in order to prevent snagging and tearing in the washing machine.
- When it is time to dry them, hang them up to dry away from heat and out of direct sunlight. Do not iron them.